The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has joined the nationwide indefinite strike declared by the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) and Trade Union Congress (TUC).
ASUU on Monday directed its members to join the strike starting from Monday midnight.
The union declared their stance in a circular to its zonal coordinators and chairpersons, signed by Emmanuel Osodeke, National President of the Union.
“As an affiliate of NLC, all members of our union are hereby directed to join this action of NLC to protect the interests of Nigerian workers and the leadership of the union.
“Zonal coordinators and branch chairpersons should immediately mobilise our members to participate in the action.”
As earlier reported, NLC and the TUC had written to their affiliates, directing them to commence the planned nationwide strike scheduled to begin midnight on Monday.
The strike is in reaction to the recent assault on the NLC President, Joe Ajaero, allegedly by the Nigerian police and the Imo State government.
- Nigerian UK-Based Nurse Reportedly Sacked, Deported For Praying For Patient
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
- Man Kills Girlfriend, Posts Picture Of Body As Whatsapp Status
Crime2 days ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News4 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News3 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News1 day ago
BUA Chairman, Rabiu Rejects APC Appointment