A man identified as Olutimain Ilenre has narrated why he burnt his original certificates, including his Bachelor of Arts, secondary school certificate, NYSC certificate, and JAMB certificate.
In a video released on social media on Monday, the graduate of History and International Studies from Ajayi Crowther University attributed his decision to lack of job, stating that the current situation in the country has rendered his certificates useless.
“To get certificate in this country is like a waste of time,” he lamented.
Ilenre added that even when travelled out of the country, the certificates are rendered useless.
He noted that he had been unable to sleep in the last week after he recalled that all the jobs he had done for the past 13 years were jobs that his certificates were not needed.
He further advised that in the country’s present realities, people should learn handwork. He urged parents to empower their children to learn handwork and trade.
“I finished school in 2010 and did my NYSC in 2010/2011; till today, I haven’t used these certificates to get a job,” Ilenre said.
- Nigerian UK-Based Nurse Reportedly Sacked, Deported For Praying For Patient
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
- Man Kills Girlfriend, Posts Picture Of Body As Whatsapp Status
Crime2 days ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News4 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News3 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News1 day ago
BUA Chairman, Rabiu Rejects APC Appointment