A 30-year-old man has confessed to unlawfully having carnal knowledge of a two-year-old girl, blaming alcohol for the crime.
The suspect identified as Buguwa Kwaji was apprehended and handed over to the Adamawa State Police Command on November 13, 2023, by family members of the victim.
Buguwa, who resides at Aljannaru village in Song Local Government Area has confessed to defiling the minor, saying he acted under the influence of alcohol.
Speaking to journalists when he was paraded at the police headquarters, Buguwa said, “After drinking a gin known as Voltage on that fateful day, I lay down, and the little girl came and started playing on my body. So I raped her because I could not resist the urge for sex.”
He was said to have been caught in the act by the elder sister of the victim who raised an alarm, leading to his arrest.
According to Punch Online, the suspect has a heavily pregnant wife whom he married not quite long ago.
The spokesman for the Adamawa State Police Command, SP Suleiman Nguroje, who confirmed the arrest, noted that the Commissioner of Police, Afolabi Babatola, has ordered the CID to investigate the matter and ensure the prosecution of the suspect.
- Nigerian UK-Based Nurse Reportedly Sacked, Deported For Praying For Patient
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
- Man Kills Girlfriend, Posts Picture Of Body As Whatsapp Status
Crime2 days ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News4 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News3 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News1 day ago
BUA Chairman, Rabiu Rejects APC Appointment