Kidnapers Attempting To Shoot Victim Miss Target, Shoot Gang Member
Kidnappers who tried to shoot a victim after an unsuccessful kidnap attempt missed their target and hit their gang mate in Kano.
The Commissioner of Police (CP), Kano Command, Muhammed Usaini Gumel, who paraded the suspect on Monday in Kano, said a report was received that gunmen stormed the residence of one Nasiru Yahaya in Yarimawa village in Tofa LGA, where they kidnapped him and his son, one Gaddafi Nasiru.
According to him, in the process, the son resisted, adding that in an attempt to shoot him, they shot their colleague, one Umar Abdullahi, alias Danbaba, who died on the spot.
He said, however, the father escaped, adding that in an attempt to whisk the son, they shot two villagers who came to offer assistance in their legs. He said they had been discharged from Tofa General Hospital, where they were rushed to for treatment.
“In a follow up of the investigation, the following suspects were arrested, Idris Abdullahi (26) of Janguza in Tofa LGA; Tukur Yusuf (40) of Langyal in Tofa LGA; and Ilyasu Aminu of Gargai village in Bebeji LGA.” the statement said.
Confessing to the crime, the suspects said they received information from an insider who said they should go to the house and kidnap the father and his son.
One of the suspects said, “We went to the house as instructed. But the son resisted, and while shooting him, we shot our member. I had never done it; that was my first time and I regret doing this.”
- Osun: Owoeye-led 7th Assembly Winds Down With 32 Bills, 38 Resolutions
- Presidential Poll : I Signed Result Sheet For Nasarawa Under Duress – PDP Witness Tells Court
- Drama As Suspect Jumps Through Court Window, Flees After Remand Order
- Subsidy: Judiciary, Health Workers, Others Commence Mobilisation For Strike
- Health Workers Suspend Strike For 21 Days After Meeting Tinubu