There was pandemonium in the Ajah area of Lagos State on Sunday when a policeman attached to the Ajah Police Station shot dead a female lawyer, Bolanle Raheem.
It was gathered that the incident threw the community into confusion as the cop, who was with a team of policemen, fled the scene.
He was, however, caught and detained by the police.
According to report Raheem, her sister, and four children were coming from an eatery in their car around 11am when the cop tried to stop them.
A source said the woman was trying to make a U-turn under the Ajah Bridge when the cop shot at her vehicle.
The bullet was said to have hit the victim; she was rushed to a hospital, where she was confirmed dead.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed the incident, adding that the officer was in custody.
He said, “The officer involved in the shooting is an ASP; he has been arrested, detained, and will be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Panti, for further investigations.”
- Naira Scarcity: Zenith Bank Staffs Flee Through Fence Over Fear Of Being Mobbed (Video)
- Tinubu Appeals To Nigerians For Calm Over Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity
- Just In: Buhari Meets Emefiele, Tambuwal, Others Over Scarcity Of Naira Notes
- Just In: Protest Rocks Ogun Over Scarcity Of Fuel, Naira Notes
- Poll: Obi In Ilorin, Promises To Make Kwara Nigeria’s Agric Hub
Opinion5 days ago
Ibikunle Amosun, An Unrepentant Deviant In His 60s, Heading Towards Political Armageddon By Olabode Ajibola
News3 days ago
Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
News2 days ago
Naira Re-design: Banks Not Hoarding New Naira Notes-ACAMB
News5 days ago
2023: JDPMC Inaugurates Rapid Response Team To Swiftly Respond To Reported Cases Of Gender Based Violence