There was pandemonium in the Ajah area of Lagos State on Sunday when a policeman attached to the Ajah Police Station shot dead a female lawyer, Bolanle Raheem.
It was gathered that the incident threw the community into confusion as the cop, who was with a team of policemen, fled the scene.
He was, however, caught and detained by the police.
According to report Raheem, her sister, and four children were coming from an eatery in their car around 11am when the cop tried to stop them.
A source said the woman was trying to make a U-turn under the Ajah Bridge when the cop shot at her vehicle.
The bullet was said to have hit the victim; she was rushed to a hospital, where she was confirmed dead.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed the incident, adding that the officer was in custody.
He said, “The officer involved in the shooting is an ASP; he has been arrested, detained, and will be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Panti, for further investigations.”
- Again, Abuja Residents Attack, Loot Truck Carrying Food Items
- Falana Tells Nigerians To Ask Tinubu If FG Still Pays Fuel Subsidy
- Two Suspected Witches Stoned, Burnt
- Inauguration Of $800M Geometric Power Plant: Forum Of South-East Academic Doctors Congratulates Prof Nnaji
- Tinubu Still Pays Massive Amount Monthly As Petrol Subsidy – Pinnacle Oil MD
Entertainment4 days ago
Breaking: Yoruba Nollywood Actor, Sisi Qadri Is Dead
News2 days ago
Ondo 2024: Battle For APC Delegates List Takes Centre Stage
News4 days ago
Osun: LGEA Chairperson, Babaniyi Charges Parents To Take Education Of Their Children Seriously
News3 days ago
Osun: Encomium As Sheri- Care Foundation Distributes Palliatives To Ilesa Residents