The Niger State Police Command said it has killed seven terrorists in a joint effort with some vigilantes in the Kumbashi town of Mariga Local Government Area of the state.
According to the police, the terrorists were killed during a gun battle with a joint team of policemen and vigilantes.
It was gathered that some of the terrorists escaped with varying degrees of gunshot wound.
It was learnt that two members of the vigilante group, whose identities could not be ascertained, also sustained injuries and were taken to the Kotangora General Hospital for treatment.
The spokesperson for the state’s police command, Abiodun Wasiu, also confirmed to our correspondent on Friday that in a separate exercise, 18 miscreants were arrested in the Minna metropolis for thuggery.
Wasiu simply said, “Yes, seven terrorists were killed. 18 miscreants were also arrested for thuggery in a separate exercise in Minna.”
One of the miscreants, Umar Aminu, was said to have pretended to be a tricycle rider to rob unsuspecting victims of their valuables.
Items including one sickle, three scissors, two shisha pots and three pipes, seven cutlasses, one garrote, a saw, a box containing chisels and spanners, 21 sticks, a packet of cigarettes, two polythene bags containing suspected Indian-hemp, a broken bottle and two sharp horns, were recovered from the suspects. Punch Online
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
- Man Kills Girlfriend, Posts Picture Of Body As Whatsapp Status
- President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box Before NASS – Doguwa Clarifies
Crime1 day ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News3 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News2 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News2 days ago
New Wage Commences In April As FG Approves N24tn For Salaries