Why I Set My Five Stepchildren Ablaze – Suspect
Joseph Ojo, 64, has revealed the reason he set his five stepchildren ablaze.
Ojo, who was paraded at the state headquarters of the Nigeria Police in Akure, Ondo State, confessed that his stepchildren used to join their mother to beat him.
The suspect also disclosed that his wife and the stepchildren were in the habit of starving him, despite being the one giving the money for feeding.
According to him, the situation infuriated him, after which he siphoned petrol from his chainsaw (felling machine) and poured it in the children’s room before setting it ablaze.
Ojo had on Saturday set the room where the stepchildren were sleeping on fire at his residence at Fagun, Ondo town, headquarters of Ondo West Local Government.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the State, Funmi Odunlami, disclosed that three of the five children had died due to the injuries sustained in the incident.
Odunlami added that Ojo had kept his twins in another room before carrying out the act.
- Supporters Trekking To Kano Over My Victory Should Stop – Governor-Elect, Yusuf
- OSHA 2023: Adeleke Decries Political Violence, Says Election Not War, But By Choice
- Naira Scarcity: NLC Begins Nationwide Strike Wednesday
- JUST IN: Tinubu Jets Out To Paris, London, S’Arabia
- BREAKING: Labour Party’s Alex Otti Wins Abia Gov’ship Poll
Politics5 days ago
Lagos PDP, Labour Party form alliance against APC
News5 days ago
SHoA Poll:Amotekun Arrests Man With Gun In Osun Ahead Of Election
News4 days ago
Women Protests As Political Thugs Destroy Ballot Box In Osun
News3 days ago
Official: PDP Wins 25 Of 26 State House Of Assembly Seats In Osun