Ex- President Son have been jailed 12 years for corruption scandal
A Mozambican court on Wednesday sentenced the son of Mozambique’s ex-president Armando Guebuza to 12 years in jail.
This is following a vast corruption scandal in which the government unleashed financial havoc by trying to conceal huge debts.
“The crimes committed have brought consequences whose effects will last for generations,” said Judge Efigenio Baptista who found Ndambi Guebuza guilty of embezzlement, money laundering and criminal association, in a scandal that arose after state-owned companies in the impoverished country illicitly borrowed $2billion between 2013 and 2014.
- Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
- Buhari Declares Tinubu As Next President Of Nigeria
- Yoruba Obas Fume Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes, Fuel, Urge Buhari To Respond To Cries Of Nigerians
- Opposition Elements Want To Create Political Crisis With Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity, Says Tinubu
- Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Badmus Provides Free Medical Service To Osogbo Residents
Foreign News3 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News3 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies
Crime3 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
News3 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai