The Police Command in Edo has arrested a middle-aged man who allegedly beat his wife to death for denying him sex.
The spokesman of the command, SP Bello Kontongs said on Wednesday in Benin that the incident occurred on June 27, at No. 1, Ogiedegue Street, off Ason Bus Stop, Evbuotubu area of Benin.
He said that the case was transferred to the state command from Evbuotubu Police Division where the matter was first reported.
Kontongs said that the deceased, aged 50, got married to the suspect in 2002 and have two children, aged 19 and 15.
“The man was said to have demanded sex from the deceased around 11pm of June 27 and upon her refusal, he beat her up and in the process inflicted her with injury.
“She was rushed to four hospitals, three rejected her, but the fourth one referred her to the University of Benin Teaching Hospital where she passed on on July 7, as a result of complications from the injury.
“The man is presently in our custody and will be charged to court for murder,” Kontongs said.(NAN)
- IDF Congratulates Apetumodu On His Elevation As Vice-chairman, Osun Traditional Council
- UK Government Begins Plan To Ban Foreign Students To Curb Rising Migration Numbers
- Osun Police Arrest Two Men For Posting Fake Voice Note On WhatsApp
- Nigeria’s First Surveyor-General, Omoigui, Is Dead
- Osun Deputy Gov Urges Indigenes In Diaspora To Invest, Establish Business In Their Hometowns
News4 days ago
List Of Coordinators For Osun PCC Grassroots Engagement And Orientation Committee
Crime4 days ago
Mummy G.O Arrested For Providing Church Members’ Information To Kidnappers
News5 days ago
Just In: Osun APC Chairman, Famodun Becomes New Owa Of Igbajoland
News3 days ago
BREAKING: Buhari Unveils New Naira Notes