The Osun State Police Command arraigned a couple of 60-year-old Ashifat Okunade and Ashifat Mariam before a Magistrates’ Court sitting in Osogbo for allegedly cutting the head and hands of the corpse.
The prosecutor had arraigned the couple in March 2020 but substituted the charge with a new charge that was read to the two accused person.
The Police Prosecutor, John Idoko informed the court that “the two accused person and others now at large on March 21, 2020, around 1 PM at Dagbolu area, Ifon conspired to commit a misdemeanour and improperly or indecently interfered with the corpse of one Rasheed Tiamiyu and cut his head and hands thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under section 242 of 5 Criminal Code Cap. 34 Vol. II Laws of Osun State of Nigeria 2002.”
However, the couple pleaded not guilty to the two counts of conspiracy and indecent interference with the dead.
The Counsel for the couple, Yemisi Akintajuwa pleaded with the presiding magistrate to admit the defendant to bail.
Chief Magistrate, Dr Olusegun Ayilara said the accused should continue enjoying the terms of bail given in the previous charge and a adjourned the case to January 8, 2021, for hearing.
- Shafaudeen Faithfuls, Others Laud Gov Makinde On Proposed Job Creation
- Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte Resigns
- Come And Swear With Your Children If I Had Anything With You, Sunday Igboho Challenges Ojudu
- Abuja Under Siege By Bandits As DSS, Army Hunt Agitators In South-east
- Breaking: Sunday Igboho’s House Razed In Ibadan