The Osun State police command on Saturday revealed how it rescued one Bewaji Oladipo, who was allegedly kidnapped in Lagos.
A statement by the command’s spokesperson, Folashade Odoro, said that the victim was rescued at about 6:45 p.m., on Friday, by the state police “Puff Adder” operatives, during a stop-and-search operation along Osogbo-Ilorin expressway.
She said the victim was kidnapped when he went to withdraw cash from an ATM point within his vicinity at Command Area Iyana-Ipaja Lagos, by suspected four-man kidnapping gang, two of them dressed in military camouflage.
The command said the kidnappers fled when their vehicle was stopped by the police team and their victim was rescued from the abandoned vehicle.
It said efforts were, however, being intensified to arrest the fleeing culprits, adding that the victim had been reunited with his family.
- UNIOSUN Warns Job Seekers About Fake Vacancy Advertisement
- Mother Of Kano Wanted Thug Hands Son Over To Police
- UNESCO Expert, DR SURAJ Seeks Global Solutions To Fake News Through International Research Collaboration
- BREAKING: Emefiele Remain In Custody As Court Adjourns Case Till January 18
- Kyari’s Reappointment: Skymark Energy And Power chairman Lauds Tinubu
News5 days ago
Court Reinstates 28 Disengaged Federal Polytechnic Ede Staff
News4 days ago
CJ: Committee Submits Report, House Writes Governor, NJC
News4 days ago
Encomiums As Children Donate 2 Boreholes To Ikire Community To Immortalize Late Mother
News1 day ago
Just In: Prominent Osun Traditional Ruler Joins Ancestors