The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Saturday, said that a total of 10,269 electoral officers would be participating in the conduct of the June 18 Governorship Election in Ekiti State.
The State Resident Electoral Commissioner, Adeniran Tella, gave the figure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Ado-Ekiti, during a roadshow to sensitise residents ahead of the poll.
Tella said the electoral officers comprised INEC staff, corps members and some youths, adding that they would be undergoing a series of trainings ahead of the polls.
He said that preparation for the election was picking up momentum, and a lot of activities had been carried out and almost completed.
“For instance, we have got about 95 per cent full components of non-sensitive materials deployed and dispatched to our Local Government Area and the registration area units in Ekiti State,” he added.
He also said the electoral body would also work with the police and other security agencies to ensure a hitch-free election, urging residents across the state not to entertain any fear of violence.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Governor Akeredolu Mandates Churches, Schools, Hotels, Other Public Places In Ondo To Install CCTV Cameras
- Osun 2022: Ijesa Monarch Sues For Peace Among Political Parties In Ijesaland
- FULL LIST: Electoral Body, INEC Releases Names Of Presidential Candidates, Running Mates Ahead Of 2023 Elections
- Bandits May Take Over Some States Before 2023 – Prof. Abel
- Fish Out Attackers Of Gov Oyetola’s Convoy, APC Charges Security Agencies
News5 days ago
NBC Publication Director, Adelokoji is Dead
News3 days ago
Osun 2022: NURTW Chairman Alleges Threat To Life By Adeleke, PDP
News4 days ago
APC Presidential Primary: TSO Congratulates Tinubu, Buhari, Others, Describes Exercise As Victory For All
News3 days ago
How We Escaped From Boko Haram Camp – Chibok Girls