Men of the Amotekun Corps in Ondo State, on Monday disclosed that no fewer than 150 suspects have been arrested in January for various crimes in the state.
Parading 32 among them at the Corps headquarters in Akure, the Amotekun Commander, Adetunji Adeleye said the suspects were arrested in different locations for kidnapping, armed robbery, vandalism, underage grazing, possession of fire arms, some who jumped bail and human ritual.
One of the suspects, Timothy Odeniyi, 32, who was arrested for ritual killing, was in possession of human limbs.
Odeniyi, who claimed to be a trailer driver with a popular breweries in the country but pulled out in 2020, was apprehended with a bad containing two severed human hands and two human legs at Sabo area of Ondo city on Sunday.
Adeleye said the suspect later took his men to where he buried the torso and head of the casualty in a shallow grave saying one of his boss at the breweries asked him to look for the limbs with a promise to pay him N30million on delivery.
- Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
- Buhari Declares Tinubu As Next President Of Nigeria
- Yoruba Obas Fume Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes, Fuel, Urge Buhari To Respond To Cries Of Nigerians
- Opposition Elements Want To Create Political Crisis With Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity, Says Tinubu
- Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Badmus Provides Free Medical Service To Osogbo Residents
Crime4 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
Foreign News4 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News4 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai
News4 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies