Mr Salasi Musa of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), has been declared winner of the Chikun Local Government Chairmanship election in Kaduna state.
The Returning Officer, Dr Sanusi Gambo, announced the results of the election on Monday.
He said Salasi Musa of the PDP polled 19,402 votes to derail the re-election dream of the APC incumbent Samaila Leeman.
Leeman scored 14,829 votes.
The PDP also won eight of the 12 councillorship seats, and the ruling APC won four, Gambo indicated.
The Kaduna State Independent National Electoral Commission (KAD-SIECOM), had initially announced Sept. 4, for the election, but this was rescheduled for Saturday, Sept. 25, citing security reasons.
The PDP similarly won the Kajuru LGA chairmanship election.
- Osun Assembly Adopts Finance/Appropriation Reports On 2022 Budget
- Osun Remains One Of Cleanest States In Nigeria-Govt
- Travel Ban: British ban Nigeria is discrimination, we will retaliate – Lai Mohammed
- N-Power Batch C-Steam 1 – Authority To Commence Unscheduled Visit To Osun
- 2023: ‘I won’t Disappoint You By Not Running’ — Gov Bello Assures Kebbi, Sokoto Stakeholders
News3 days ago
Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Driver
News2 days ago
Federal College Staff In Trouble For Allegedly Raping Student
News4 days ago
Akin Ogunbiyi Bags OAU Distinguished Alumnus Award
News4 days ago
APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition