The Imo State Police Command has released Rochas Okorocha, a former Governor of the State.
Orlando Ikeokwu, the state Police Public Relations Officer disclosed this while featuring on Channels Television’s programme, Sunrise Daily, on Monday.
Okorocha was arrested after he broke into an estate belonging to his wife which was sealed by the state government.
The Imo West Senator while speaking on his arrest had accused the state Governor, Hope Uzodinma of ordering his arrest.
However, the state police spokesman said Okorocha was released last night.
Ikeokwu also hinted on the possibility of prosecuting Okorocha if found guilty.
He explained that the former governor was only, “invited” for “questioning” over the unsealing of the Spring Palm Estate.
“He was released later at night. If anybody is found culpable, definitely, he will be charged to court.
“If investigation proves that he (Okorocha) has committed an offence, he will be charged to court,” he said.
- Osun: Oba Arowotawaya Lights Up Erinmo Through Yeye Gbobaniyi
- Jalingo Advocates Improved Funding Of Correctional Centres In Nigeria
- Omisore’s Defection To APC Welcome Development – Osun APC Igbimo Agba
- Residents Cry For Help As Suspected Hoodlums Take Over Osogbo Streets, Shoot At Night
- Osun NUJ Chairman, Wasiu Ajadosu Loses Mother
Crime3 days ago
Court Sentences Prince Oyinlola To Jail In Osun
News4 days ago
BREAKING: Imo: Police Detain Former Governor, Rochas Okorocha
News5 days ago
EFCC Acting Chairman Promoted To Level 14 Ahead Of Senate Screening
News3 days ago
Fulani Herdsmen Attack Ex-President Jonathan’s Community, Inflict Injuries On Man, Son