The Chairman of Andoni Area Traditional Rulers Council, HRM King Dr. Aaron .M. Ikuru was whisked away by gunmen from his residence on Sunday night.
Mr Maurice Ikuru, who is the monarch’s palace spokesperson, confirmed the incident.
“Yes, it’s true. It happened about 8:30 or 9pm,” Ikuru stated on Monday morning.
However, the gunmen also kidnapped some boat travellers, including a lecturer at the University of Port Harcourt, who were returning to Port Harcourt from Andoni.
The spokesman of the State Police Command, Nnamdi Omoni, confirmed the incident but was yet to get their identities.
“I can confirm that some persons who were coming back from Andoni were ambushed and kidnapped. Investigation is on-going to get the details,” Omoni stated.
- Breaking : Prominent Nigerian Monarch, Ooni Of Ife Launches COVID 19 Drugs
- Oyo COVID-19 Deaths Now 110
- Fadama N-Cares To Engage 22,000 Farmers In Ondo For Increase Of Food Security
- Block Leakages And Improve Our Revenue – Governor Oyetola Tells Revenue Board
- Osun: Oba Arowotawaya Lights Up Erinmo Through Yeye Gbobaniyi
Crime3 days ago
Court Sentences Prince Oyinlola To Jail In Osun
News4 days ago
BREAKING: Imo: Police Detain Former Governor, Rochas Okorocha
News2 days ago
ASUSS Lauds FG For Resisting Deregistration Plot Against Union
News3 days ago
Fulani Herdsmen Attack Ex-President Jonathan’s Community, Inflict Injuries On Man, Son