A Professor, Steve Uchella and Boniface Afifa have been sentenced to five years’ imprisonment for forgery by a High Court sitting in Birnin Kudu, Jigawa State.
The convicts were brought before presiding judge, Justice Musa Ubale, on three count charges of criminal conspiracy, criminal breach of trust and forgery.
The defendants were first arraigned on 21 March, 2018, before the court over alleged money forgery.
The accused pleaded not guilty to all three count charges leveled against them.
The prosecution counsel however provided seven witnesses to testify on the offence.
The judge therefore held that the prosecution counsel has proved their case beyond reasonable doubt. The pair were found guilty and convicted.
He sentenced them to three months’ imprisonment or a fine of N30,000 each for the offence of conspiracy while they both got five-year jail terms or a fine of N500,000 each for criminal conspiracy and breach of trust.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- UNIOSUN: The Rantings Of An Infant Alumni Executive By Blessing Olowolafe
- Outrage As FG Links Igboho With Boko Haram
- Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
- TOP Demands Apology From Oyetola, Police Over Reputational Damage Suffered On Dismissed Case
- Federal Lawmaker, Ayeni Empowers Constituents In Osun (Photos)
News5 days ago
Apologize To The Founding Fathers Of UNIOSUN Now, Ex-Students Tell Outgoing VC
News3 days ago
Open Disrespect To Oluwo: Iwo Chief Blasts K1, Calls For Withdrawal Of His Traditional Title
News4 days ago
‘Somebody’s Son Can Not Find You With That Video’ – Nigerians Mock Tiwa Savage Over Leaked Sex Tape
News4 days ago
FBI, South Africa Arrest Nigerian Scammers In Cape Town, Founder Of Black Axe Nabbed