There was tension as gunmen invaded the Comprehensive Secondary School, Nkume in Njaba Local Government Area of Imo State following the declaration of sit-at-home order by successionist group, Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.
The armed men reportedly invaded the school premises when some students were participating in the ongoing 2021 West African School Certificate Examination (WASCE) and stopped the exercise.
Details of the incident are still sketchy as of press time but it was learnt that 5ye hoodlums destroyed some properties during the attack
The Imo State Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Mike Abattam, could not take his calls and be unable to respond to text messages forwarded to him.
Recall that IPOB had ordered that the region must observe sit-at-home every Monday in solidarity for its leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu who has been in the custody of the Department of State Services.
- FG Will Provide Adequate Security For 2023 Coming Elections – Aregbesola
- JUST IN: Another Governorship Candidate Dies One Month To Elections
- Osun Tribunal Judgement : Police Warn Troublemakers To Keep Off Verdict Venue
- OPINION: As FIRS Under NAMI JUMPSTARTS The Economy
- Kidnapped Osogbo Housewife, Child Regain Freedom
News4 days ago
Hunters Comb Bushes As Gunmen Kidnap Three In Osun
Crime3 days ago
JUST IN : Police Arrests APC State Chairman, Others Over Alleged Killings
News5 days ago
Pandemonium As Land Grabbers Beat Okada Rider To Death In Osogbo
News3 days ago
APC Presidential Campaign: Only Aregbesola Can Direct His Followers To Join Campaign In Osun- Group