Members of the Hunters Group of Nigeria, Osun State Chapter on Tuesday identified with #EndSARS protesters in Osogbo to ward-off hoodlums that may hijack the demonstrations.
Armed with guns and other weapons, the hunters stormed the protest ground at Olaiya area of Osogbo around 1:20pm and declared their support to the struggle.
Adorned in their uniform and led by their leader, Nureni Adisa, who was wearing a protective armour dotted with charms, the protesters vowed to quell any incursion of hoodlums into the protest.
He condemned the attack on Governor Gboyega Oyetola of the state by some political thugs last weekend and charged the protesters to be at alert and ensure that any miscreant that may want to infiltrate them is identified.
Reacting, the spokesperson of the protesters, Adebisi Oluwaseun Emmanuel explained how crisis ensued at the protest scene at Olaiya while Oyetola was addressing protesters.
He promised to ensure that the protest is not hijacked and called on the governor to bring those who attacked protesters last week to justice.
Since the demonstrations for end to police brutality and bad governance started, police officers have not be found in the public either to ensure orderliness nor prevent hijack of protest.
- Buhari Has Agreed To Address Reps Over Insecurity–Femi Gbajabiamila
- Let’s Surrender Ourselves To Youths Because They Own This Country, Ooni Admonishes As Ado Bayero Visits Ile-Ife
- We Are Still Committed To Prompt Payment Of Salaries, Says Osun Govt
- Xmas: Ankara Lanta Yardage Stores Begin Sales Of Fabrics, Bags, Purses At Affordable Prices In Ibadan
- Philanthropist Petitions IG Over Monarch’s Alleged Involvement In Destruction Of Perimeter Fence Of A Land In Ileogbo
Crime3 days ago
2 Osun High Court Staff Arraigned For Stealing
News3 days ago
Osun: Village Head Docked Over Alleged Impersonation
News2 days ago
Boko Haram Leader Gives Reason For Massacre Of Rice Farmers
News2 days ago
13-year Old Award Winning Saxophonist, Sodeinde Goes Blind, Parents Cry For Help