There was panic in Onne, Eleme Local Government Area, Rivers State, following the death of a manager of a new generation bank from health complications caused by coronavirus.
It was gathered the development compelled the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) to seal the bank branch and commence testing of all employees for COVID-19.
Sources said the testing conducted by NCDC showed that most of the employees, including the gateman tested positive for COVID-19.
A source, who spoke in confidence, said the employees, who tested positive, were moved to the isolation centre for observation and treatments.
Governor Nyesom Wike had raised the alarm over lackadaisical attitude of banks and supermarkets, over the issues of maintaining coronavirus preventive rules.
He said operators of banks and supermarkets were allowing customers into their premises without mandating them to observe the safety rules.
He particularly lamented that customers were going into such premises without wearing their face masks and threatened to seal them off.
Rivers has been recording high cases of the virus as the NCDC confirming highest infection rate of 103 positive cases on Tuesday. (The Nation)
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Osun Guber, Presidential Elections Will Be An Easy Win For PDP- Osun ASO Coordinator
- Osun 2022: Former Adeleke Running Mate, Factional Chair, Ex-lawmakers, Other PDP Chieftains Defect To APC
- Ilado Chieftaincy Tussle: Call Deji Of Akure To Order, Ondo Traditional Rulers, Olus Tells Akeredolu
- Cocoa Merchant, Adeniji, Decries Dwindling Production Of Cocoa In Nigeria, Proffers Solutions
- JUST IN: Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy Avoidable If INEC Had Functional Server – Uzodimma
News5 days ago
Oyetola Reappoints Four Commissioners After Losing National Assembly Tickets
News3 days ago
Make Yourself Relevant In All Spheres Of Life, Osun NULGE President Charges Members
News5 days ago
Top Nigerian Newspaper’s Columnist, Olagunju Donates Borehole To Home Town To Mark Father’s Day
Opinion4 days ago
Of Osun APC, PDP’s Campaign Outcome By Isaac Olusesi