The National and State Houses of Assembly Election Petition Tribunal has upheld the election of Senator Abdulfatai Buhari, Chairman, Senate Committee on Land Transport.
Buhari who is the senator representing Oyo North in the senate won the election on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the Feb. 23 poll.
The unanimous judgement, which was read by Justice Sambo Daka, on the petition, marked EPT/OY/SEN/09/2019, stated that the petitioners Mulikat Adeola-Akande and her party, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) failed to prove their petition beyond a reasonable doubt.
Also among the panel were Justice Anthony Akpovi (Chairman) and Justice Chinyere Ani.
It awarded a cost of N150,000 against the petitioners and refused to grant their request for damages.
Buhari, who served as chairman Senate Committee of ICT and Cybercrimes in the 8th National Assembly, won the election with over 18,338 votes to defeat Adeola-Akande, as declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
- Breaking: Supreme Court Affirms Fintri’s Election
- Operation Amotekun: Osun Residents Throng Major Streets To Solidarise With Southwest Governors
- Osun Muslim Community Against Formation Of Operation Amotekun, Backs Federal Govt’s Position
- Manjang Charge Berom Students on Unity, Peaceful Coexistence
- Plateau Youths Back Embattled Chairman, Fabong, Calls on CWC to Discipline Erring Executive Members
News4 days ago
Alara Stool: Five Ruling Houses Rejects Newly Installed Monarch
News4 days ago
Amotekun:Let Yoruba Nation Know Your Position, Lagos Group Challenges Bola Tinubu
News2 days ago
APC May Cease To Exist After Buhari’s Tenure, Gov Fayemi Says
News3 days ago
Amotekun: Fani-Kayode Explodes As Miyetti Allah Tells Buhari To Arrest Yoruba Leaders Immediately