Ghanaian footballer, Raphael Dwamena, has tragically passed away after collapsing during an Albanian Superliga game between FK Egnatia and KF Partizani.
According to NewsGhnan on Saturday, the 28-year-old collapsed in the 23rd minute of the game and was transported to the hospital, where he was declared dead.
Dwamena had been playing with an Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator due to a pre-existing heart problem.
The Ghanaian striker’s health challenges came to light during a failed medical examination when he was set to join Brighton.
Albania Footy shared the news on Twitter, saying, “Rest in Peace to KF Egnatia’s Raphael Dwamena. The Ghanaian collapsed on the pitch during the Superliga match between Egnatia and Partizani. He later passed away in the hospital at the age of 28.”
Known for his time with the Swiss side FC Zurich, Dwamena’s untimely passing has left a sombre void in the football community.
- Imo Guber Election : NNPP Candidate Heads To Court, Vows To Reclaim Mandate
- Burkina, Niger To Quit G5 Anti-Jihadist Force
- Nigerian UK-Based Nurse Reportedly Sacked, Deported For Praying For Patient
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
Crime2 days ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News4 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News3 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News1 day ago
BUA Chairman, Rabiu Rejects APC Appointment