The governorship candidate of the Labour Party in Adamawa State, Umar Mustapha, and his supporters have dumped the party’s presidential candidate, Peter Obi, for the All Progressive Congress, APC standard bearer, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu
Mustapha said he found the people who ran the Labour party in the state to be as bad as the system he wanted to see changed.
He announced the withdrawal of his LP structure in Adamawa into that of the APC.
Mustapha who’s popularly known as Otumba said his decision and that of his supporters, to support the candidate of another political party both at the national and state levels was made after it became clear to him that the party in the state will get nowhere based on the way it was set up in the state.
It could be recalled that the Mustapha and his supporters had boycotted Obi’s Campaign Rally in Yola.
In a statement detailing why he boycotted the Obi rally, Mustapha had, accused the party’s leadership and the LP Presidential Campaign Council of sidelining him.
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
- Man Kills Girlfriend, Posts Picture Of Body As Whatsapp Status
- President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box Before NASS – Doguwa Clarifies
Crime1 day ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News3 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News2 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News2 days ago
New Wage Commences In April As FG Approves N24tn For Salaries