JUST IN: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, Others Set To Sign Peace Accord
Ahead of Saturday’s presidential election, presidential candidates of political parties on Wednesday converged in Abuja to sign a peace accord.
Those present at the event include All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, and his Peoples Democratic Party counterpart, Atiku Abubakar.
According to Punch report, the peace accord is voluntary and not mandatory for political parties to participate. However, it’s a mediation process that helps forestall electoral-related violence.
No fewer than 18 candidates are jostling to succeed the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), as president of Africa’s most populous country.
- Jubilation In Osun Over Appeal Court Judgment
- CBN Instructs Banks To Open Weekends
- Just In: 10 Political Parties Reject Governorship Election Result In Ogun
- [Update]Osun Guber: Appeal Court Slams Oyetola, APC With N500,000 Cost As Adeleke Wins
- Breaking: Appeal Court Affirms Adeleke Winner of Osun Governorship Election