Senator Ifeanyi Ubah, representing Anambra South, under the Young Progressive Party, has switched his allegiance to the ruling All Progressives Congress.
The announcement of his defection was conveyed in a letter directed to the President of the Senate, Godswill Akpabio, and publicly read in the Senate Chamber on Thursday.
Ubah, who had been elected for a second term under the YPP in the previous elections, according to the letter, said his reason for switching parties was due to the insurmountable disagreements within the party.
The senator couldn’t respond to the WhatsApp message sent to his phone number on the defection.
- Nigerians Angry With Govt Officials Over High Cost Of Living – Shettima
- Police Arrest Man For killing Mother, Sister In Enugu
- 35-Yr-Old Man In Police Custody For Attempting To Kill Wife With Pestle
- Ex-Sierra Leone President Under House Arrest Amid Coup Investigation
- JUST-IN: Senate Donates N109m December salary To Kaduna Bombing Victims
News4 days ago
Ifon/Ilobu Crisis: Ilobu Residents Raise Alarm Over Alleged Invasion, Destruction Of Farmland By Hoodlums
News5 days ago
Ago Owu Farmers Protest Alleged Invasion Of Farmland By Hoodlums, Herders (Video)
News2 days ago
JUST IN: Late Alaafin’s Son, Abdulfatai Is Dead
News1 day ago
‘She Has Contributed Immensely To My Business, Social And Political Life’ , Gov Adeleke Eulogizes Wife, Titilola On Her Birthday.