Security has been heightened around the Bayelsa office of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, venue of the collation of results of the Saturday governorship poll.
Armed soldiers, policemen and personnel from other sister agencies backed by armoured personnel carriers were stationed at the three points leading to the complex.
Interestingly, the perimeter of the security dragnet has since assumed a carnival-like atmosphere with music blaring from a sound system mounted on a Toyota Hilux van draped with a poster of Governor Douye Diri and his deputy, Senator Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo.
The celebrants who are mainly supporters of the PDP have turned the road into a dance arena over their party’s early lead.
INEC has so far released the results from Kolokuma-Opokuma, Ogbia and Yenagoa LGAs with the PDP leading.
- Burkina, Niger To Quit G5 Anti-Jihadist Force
- Nigerian UK-Based Nurse Reportedly Sacked, Deported For Praying For Patient
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
Crime2 days ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News4 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News3 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News1 day ago
BUA Chairman, Rabiu Rejects APC Appointment