The re-election bid of Seyi Makinde, governor of Oyo State, is receiving a boost.
Days after Joseph Tegbe, a former governorship aspirant in the Oyo State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, called it quit, Sumbo Owolabi, commissioner for water resources in the administration of late former governor Abiola has joined the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Owolabi, a former chairman of Ona-Ara local government, recently met Makinde to finalize his movement from APC to PDP.
Though details are still sketchy as at press time as to why the politician, who was once personal assistant to three-term senator and APC governorship aspirant, Teslim Folarin, when he was senate leader, defected, Makinde, it was learnt, is leaving no stone unturned in his bid to get members of the opposition into his camp.
Owolabi promised to get back to newsmen when he was called for reaction.
- APC Clears Ex-Brigadier General To Contest For Osun West Senatorial Seat
- Pastor Offers Scholarship To Deborah’s Siblings, Promises Parents Better Life
- BREAKING: Amaechi Finally Resigns From Buhari’s Cabinet, Attorney-General, Malami, Refuses To Leave On Deadline Day
- Blasphemy: Suspects Arrested Over Deborah’s Death Remanded In Prison
- Gunmen Engage Military In Late Night Shootout At 3-3 Estate, Onitsha
News5 days ago
Obokun/Oriade: Alubankudi Steps Down For Odofin
News4 days ago
Osun ALGON congratulates Chairman’s Spouse, Deaconess Comfort Abiodun On Her 60th Birthday, Successful Retirement
News5 days ago
NJC Bars Filing Of Same Suits In Different Courts
Entertainment4 days ago
Just In: Veteran Actor, Gbenga Richards Is Dead