Former UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya was arrested on Wednesday at JFK Airport for being in possession of metal knuckles.
Metal knuckles are illegal in New York. Possession is a Class A misdemeanor. TSA rules allow metal knuckles to be stored in checked luggage, but bans passengers from possessing them in carry-on bags.
TMZ reports that Adesanya was taken into custody near JFK’s American Airlines terminal on Wednesday afternoon, just before 2pm local time.
In a statement to MMA Fighting, Adesanya’s manager, Tim Simpson, however, said the matter had been dismissed and the UFC star was on his way home.
“Israel was handed a gift by a fan, which he put in his luggage,” Simpson said.
“When flagged at the airport, Israel quickly disposed of the item and cooperated with authorities. He has complied accordingly. With that, the matter was dismissed and he’s on his way home.” It read.
This is coming on the back of Adesanya’s loss to Alex Pereira in the UFC, in what has been a difficult week for the Nigerian-New Zealander.
- Naira Scarcity: Zenith Bank Staffs Flee Through Fence Over Fear Of Being Mobbed (Video)
- Tinubu Appeals To Nigerians For Calm Over Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity
- Just In: Buhari Meets Emefiele, Tambuwal, Others Over Scarcity Of Naira Notes
- Just In: Protest Rocks Ogun Over Scarcity Of Fuel, Naira Notes
- Poll: Obi In Ilorin, Promises To Make Kwara Nigeria’s Agric Hub
Opinion5 days ago
Ibikunle Amosun, An Unrepentant Deviant In His 60s, Heading Towards Political Armageddon By Olabode Ajibola
News3 days ago
Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
News2 days ago
Naira Re-design: Banks Not Hoarding New Naira Notes-ACAMB
News5 days ago
2023: JDPMC Inaugurates Rapid Response Team To Swiftly Respond To Reported Cases Of Gender Based Violence