Breaking News: Supreme Court Affirms Ifeanyi Chukwuma Odii As Pdp Guber Candidate For Ebonyi State
The Supreme Court, on Wednesday, declared Chief Chukwuma Odii Ifeanyi as the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Ebonyi state.
The apex court, in a unanimous decision by a five-man panel of justices, vacated the judgement of the Court of Appeal that ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to recognize Senator Joseph Obinna Ogba as flag-bearer of the party for the 2023 gubernatorial contest in the state.
The panel which was headed by Justice Amina Augie, held that the appeal marked SC/CV/ 939/2022, which Ifeanyi lodged before the apex court, was meritorious and deserved to succeed
- Osun: Owoeye-led 7th Assembly Winds Down With 32 Bills, 38 Resolutions
- Presidential Poll : I Signed Result Sheet For Nasarawa Under Duress – PDP Witness Tells Court
- Drama As Suspect Jumps Through Court Window, Flees After Remand Order
- Subsidy: Judiciary, Health Workers, Others Commence Mobilisation For Strike
- Health Workers Suspend Strike For 21 Days After Meeting Tinubu