Just In: Finally, Emefiele Appears Before Reps Over Naira Redesign Policy
Godwin Emefiele, Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), is currently before the house of representatives ad hoc committee on the currency redesign and naira swap policy.
The CBN governor had ignored previous invitations from the lawmakers prompting the house to threaten a warrant of arrest against him.
On Thursday, Femi Gbajabiamila, Speaker of the House, said he will issue a warrant to the Inspector-General of Police (IGP) to compel the attendance of the CBN to respond to the summon of the house on Tuesday (today).
Emefiele is currently before the lawmakers in the company of top officials of the CBN, including Kingsley Obiora, Deputy Governor, Economic Policy Directorate.
- Supporters Trekking To Kano Over My Victory Should Stop – Governor-Elect, Yusuf
- OSHA 2023: Adeleke Decries Political Violence, Says Election Not War, But By Choice
- Naira Scarcity: NLC Begins Nationwide Strike Wednesday
- JUST IN: Tinubu Jets Out To Paris, London, S’Arabia
- BREAKING: Labour Party’s Alex Otti Wins Abia Gov’ship Poll
Politics5 days ago
Lagos PDP, Labour Party form alliance against APC
News5 days ago
SHoA Poll:Amotekun Arrests Man With Gun In Osun Ahead Of Election
News4 days ago
Women Protests As Political Thugs Destroy Ballot Box In Osun
News3 days ago
Official: PDP Wins 25 Of 26 State House Of Assembly Seats In Osun