A Federal High Court in Abuja on Monday dismissed a suit by a former presidential candidate of Hope Democratic Party, HDP, Chief Ambrose Albert Owuru, against the election of President Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in the 2019 presidential election.
The suit seeking the outright sack of President Buhari was thrown out by Justice Inyang Edem Ekwo on three major grounds.
Parts of the grounds are that the suit constituted a gross abuse of court process, statute barred and was an affront to the supremacy of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.
Besides, Justice Ekwo held that the suit was baseless, frivolous, irritating and vexatious in its entirety.
Owuru had, in the suit, applied for an order of court to declare the presidential seat vacant and swear him in as the authentic winner of that election.
- JUST-IN: Senate Donates N109m December salary To Kaduna Bombing Victims
- Katsina Gov Joins Security Forces To Foil Bandits Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victim
- I’d Like To Die After Eating Pounded Yam — Adeboye
- Dignitaries Converge As 8th Osun Youth Ambassador Awards Holds Today
- I Became Minister After Bishop Oyedepo Prayed For Me – Betta Edu
News5 days ago
All Set For 2023 Akoraye Day In Modakeke
News4 days ago
Ifon/Ilobu Crisis: Ilobu Residents Raise Alarm Over Alleged Invasion, Destruction Of Farmland By Hoodlums
News5 days ago
Ago Owu Farmers Protest Alleged Invasion Of Farmland By Hoodlums, Herders (Video)
News2 days ago
JUST IN: Late Alaafin’s Son, Abdulfatai Is Dead