An Ondo High Court sitting in Akure, on Wednesday ordered the Ondo State Government to pay one Oluwasegun Oluwarotimi the sum of N30 million as damages for the gunshot injuries he suffered in an encounter with operatives of the State Security Network, popularly known as Amotekun Corps.
Oluwarotimi, 36, was an okada rider when the incident occurred.
In his jugment, Justice Adejumo ordered that Oluwarotimi be paid the sum of thirty million naira as damages.
Oluwarotimi, who is now an amputee as a result of the illegal shooting, had filed the case before the court.
“The illegal shooting at Araromi Street on August 9, 2021 in Akure by the Amotekun was a violation of the applicant’s human right.
“The court hereby orders the respondents to jointly pay the sum of N20 million to the applicant as general damages and N10 million as exemplary damages,” the judge ordered.
- Amotekun Arrest Man For Trafficking 5 Young Boys In Osun
- Muslim Group Berates Malicious Publication On Ex-NAHCON Chief
- 3 Host Communities: Protest Against Segilola Mining Company Baseless, Uncalled For
- CAGraM Sacks General Secretary Over Gross Misconduct, Insubordination
- National Islamic Centre Reiterates Commitment To Propagation Of Islam
Entertainment1 day ago
Breaking: Yoruba Nollywood Actor, Sisi Qadri Is Dead
Entertainment4 days ago
Osun Based Islamic Singer, Mufuliat Abiyamo Condoles With Yeye Dupe, Family Over Husband’s Death
News5 days ago
Photos: Ongoing Hunger Protest In Osogbo
News5 days ago
NLC Protesters Storm National Assembly