Protesting workers at the Ministry of Works confined the minister of works, Dave Umahi, in his office on Thursday, September 28.
The staff accused Umahi of being tyrannical, claiming that the minister barred staff who were late for work from entering the ministry.
The union members in the Housing and Works Ministry decided to lock up the ministry.
The workers also prevented entry and exit into the building thereby preventing the minister from leaving the office.
They also claimed that Umahi, “stopped engineers and directors from doing their work, and has been breaking public service rules since his appointment, by bringing in consultants to run the affairs of the ministry”
A union representative, Williams Kudi, told AIT that the minister has refused to give them an audience to explain their concerns.
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
- Man Kills Girlfriend, Posts Picture Of Body As Whatsapp Status
- President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box Before NASS – Doguwa Clarifies
Crime2 days ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News4 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News3 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News1 day ago
BUA Chairman, Rabiu Rejects APC Appointment