Suspected cultists on Wednesday morning killed a member of a rival gang, inside Eke Awka market, in Awka South Local Government Area of Anambra State.
The incident happened in the morning as traders were opening their shops for the day’s business, a source said.
The source said the slain man identified as Igwe Omeli, was a notorious cultist, who was always used by the leadership of the market to collect tolls.
“He was hacked down in the market, around 7am. He sighted members of the rival cult and made efforts to escape and also alert his gang members, but he was not lucky.
“His head was cut off, including his manhood, and his assailants took them away, leaving the trunk lying inside a line in the market,” the source said.
The spokesperson for Anambra State Police Command, DSP Ikenga Tochukwu, confirmed the incident, saying that operatives of the command have been dispatched to the scene.
According to DAILY POST, the incident caused traders who had come out for their businesses to hurriedly shut down their shops, for fear of reprisal by the rival group.
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
- Man Kills Girlfriend, Posts Picture Of Body As Whatsapp Status
- President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box Before NASS – Doguwa Clarifies
Crime2 days ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News4 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News3 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News1 day ago
BUA Chairman, Rabiu Rejects APC Appointment