There was a mild drama at the popular Kano-road, Kaduna on Wednesday, when some group of beggars, rejected old 1,000 naira notes gifted them by a good Samaritan.
The journalist who witnessed the drama narrated that a young was accosted by three beggars on wheelchairs as he alighted from a bus, realising they were asking for handouts, the man took a N1000 note from his wallet and stretched it towards the most senior beggar among the three.
However, in a rather hilarious reaction, the beggars looked at themselves, swivelled their wheelchairs around and moved away from the young man, rejecting his offer.
Speaking to onlookers, the young man who identified himself as Caleb, said “they (beggars), came to me, asking for alms. I gave them what I had on me but they rejected it.”
The young man explained that he only had the old currency notes and have not been able to get the new ones despite his efforts.
- Osun: Fuel Scarcity: Don’t Impede Free Flow Of Traffic With Double Queues, Petrol Stations/Motorists Warned
- Northern Group Faults Atiku For Backing Naira Redesign, Says Move Not Favour Common People
- Reasons For Recurring Train Attacks — Investigation
- Jealous Brother Shoots Sister’s Lover In Ogun
- People’s Welfare, My Top Priority-Adeleke
Crime4 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
Foreign News4 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News4 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai
News4 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies