Dr. Olayemi Cardoso has assumed office as Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN.
A statement by the Director of Corporate Communication of the apex Bank, Dr. Isa Abdulmumin, disclosed this in a statement today, Friday.
He added that Dr. Cardoso would occupy the office in acting capacity pending the confirmation of his nomination by the National Assembly.
The Director confirmed the resignation of Mr. Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor, as Cardoso resumes.
Similarly, the Mr. Folashodun Shonubi, who has been acting as CBN Governor since the suspension of Mr. Emefiele, has also resigned, along with all the Deputy Governors of the CBN.
- Nigerian UK-Based Nurse Reportedly Sacked, Deported For Praying For Patient
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
- Man Kills Girlfriend, Posts Picture Of Body As Whatsapp Status
Crime2 days ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News4 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News3 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News1 day ago
BUA Chairman, Rabiu Rejects APC Appointment