A 17-year-old secondary school student, Terhemba Tyochivir, has reportedly committed suicide in Akpehe, a suburb of Makurdi metropolis in Benue State.
The police spokeswoman for Benue command, SP. Catherine Anene, confirmed the incident to journalists in Makurdi on Friday.
Tyochivir was said to be a student at Government Secondary School, Gboko, until on Thursday when he took his own life.
But the details surrounding the tragedy which was reported at the E Division Police Station in Makurdi remained unclear.
Witnesses said that the late Tyochivir after he was discovered lifeless was swiftly transported to Bishop Murray Hospital Makurdi, where medical professionals pronounced him dead.
Meanwhile, attempts to speak to the deceased’s father, Kula Tyochivir, were unsuccessful as he promised to speak at a later time.
- 2024 Budget: FG To Spend Over N23bn On Rehabilitation Of Airport, Aerodromes, Others
- There’s Sufficient Naira Notes For Economic Activities, CBN Assures Nigerians
- Nigerians Angry With Govt Officials Over High Cost Of Living – Shettima
- Police Arrest Man For killing Mother, Sister In Enugu
- 35-Yr-Old Man In Police Custody For Attempting To Kill Wife With Pestle
News4 days ago
Ifon/Ilobu Crisis: Ilobu Residents Raise Alarm Over Alleged Invasion, Destruction Of Farmland By Hoodlums
News3 days ago
JUST IN: Late Alaafin’s Son, Abdulfatai Is Dead
News2 days ago
‘She Has Contributed Immensely To My Business, Social And Political Life’ , Gov Adeleke Eulogizes Wife, Titilola On Her Birthday.
South West News4 days ago
Past Olubadans Aware Ogburo Town Belongs To Iwo-Osun Monarchs, Chiefs