An Area Court sitting in Jos on Monday has sentenced a 24-year-old butcher, Mathew Danjuma, to one-year imprisonment for stabbing his colleague.
The judge, Mr Shawomi Bokkos, who jailed Danjuma after he confessed to the crime, however, gave him the option of a N50,000 fine.
He also ordered him to pay N35,000 as compensation to the complainant.
Bokkos said the judgement would serve as a deterrent to those who would want to indulge in such acts.
Earlier, the Prosecution Counsel, Ibrahim Gokwat, told the court that the case was reported on May 21 at the Jos C’ Division by Umar Muhammed, the complainant.
Gokwat said the convict got angry with Muhammed during an altercation and stabbed him with a knife.
He said the offence contravened the provisions of Section 241 of the Penal Code Law of Plateau State
- Suspend Ban On Alcoholic Drinks In Sachets, Pet Bottles – House Of Reps Tells NAFDAC
- Obi Joins Fray As Akpabio, Govs Disagree Over FG’s N30bn Largesse
- Zamfara Assembly Suspends Speaker Over Insecurity
- Army Recovers One Million Litres Of Crude In Rivers
- Edo 2024: PDP Will Lose If Party Fails To Field Me As Candidate – Shaibu
Education5 days ago
Tragedy As OAU Loses Staff To Lion Attack
News4 days ago
Osun: NUT Urges Transparency In Teachers’ Recruitment
News4 days ago
Kidnappers Abduct 9 Jehovah Witnesses In Kogi, Demand 30m Ransom
News3 days ago
NMCN Registrar Explains Why Enrolment Of Nursing Students Increased To 68,000