Some political thugs have reportedly hijacked and destroyed voting materials meant for wards 2, 3, 4 and 5 in constituency five of the Ogbia Local Government Area of Bayelsa State for the House of Assembly election.
Governor Douye Diri has already strongly condemned the act, according to his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Daniel Alabrah.
The governor urged the Inspector General of Police and Commissioner of Police for Bayelsa State to restore peace in the area.
Meanwhile, accreditation and voting were yet to start at wards polling units 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 in Atissa Constituency, Yenagoa LGA of Bayelsa State as of 9 am.
Our correspondent observed that INEC officials and balloting materials had yet to leave the Atissa RAC as of 8:45 am.
Buses and other vehicles were seen being loaded with voting materials to depart for polling units in the area.
- Nigerians Angry With Govt Officials Over High Cost Of Living – Shettima
- Police Arrest Man For killing Mother, Sister In Enugu
- 35-Yr-Old Man In Police Custody For Attempting To Kill Wife With Pestle
- Ex-Sierra Leone President Under House Arrest Amid Coup Investigation
- JUST-IN: Senate Donates N109m December salary To Kaduna Bombing Victims
News4 days ago
Ifon/Ilobu Crisis: Ilobu Residents Raise Alarm Over Alleged Invasion, Destruction Of Farmland By Hoodlums
News5 days ago
Ago Owu Farmers Protest Alleged Invasion Of Farmland By Hoodlums, Herders (Video)
News2 days ago
JUST IN: Late Alaafin’s Son, Abdulfatai Is Dead
News1 day ago
‘She Has Contributed Immensely To My Business, Social And Political Life’ , Gov Adeleke Eulogizes Wife, Titilola On Her Birthday.