JUST IN: Kidnappers Abduct 19 INEC Adhoc Staff, Cart Away BVAS, Other Sensitive Materials
Police operatives in Imo State have rescued 19 INEC Ad-Hoc staff who were kidnapped in the early hours of Saturday in Imo State.
The development was confirmed by INEC authorities in the state.
According to officials, the 19 INEC Ad-Hoc staff were on their way to seven different polling units in Ugbelie ward 06 in Ideato South LGA of Imo state when they were abducted.
INEC spokesperson, Chinenye Chijioke-Osuji, said the rescued took place after a distress call and information about the incident was made to the operatives who immediately swung into action.
She added that even though they were rescued, all the election materials which include BVAS and sensitive materials were not recovered.
- Supporters Trekking To Kano Over My Victory Should Stop – Governor-Elect, Yusuf
- OSHA 2023: Adeleke Decries Political Violence, Says Election Not War, But By Choice
- Naira Scarcity: NLC Begins Nationwide Strike Wednesday
- JUST IN: Tinubu Jets Out To Paris, London, S’Arabia
- BREAKING: Labour Party’s Alex Otti Wins Abia Gov’ship Poll
Politics5 days ago
Lagos PDP, Labour Party form alliance against APC
News5 days ago
SHoA Poll:Amotekun Arrests Man With Gun In Osun Ahead Of Election
News4 days ago
Women Protests As Political Thugs Destroy Ballot Box In Osun
News3 days ago
Official: PDP Wins 25 Of 26 State House Of Assembly Seats In Osun