The Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN has denied an earlier report that it ordered commercial banks to begin collecting the old N500 and N1000 notes from customers.
A report which went viral on Thursday claimed the CBN pegged the maximum amount the commercial banks can collect at N500,000.
But the Director of Corporate Communication of the apex bank, Osita Nwanisobi described the report as fake.
According to the statement, the CBN has only tasked banks to release the old N200 note as directed by President Muhammadu Buhari.
“For the avoidance of doubt, and in line with Mr. President’s broadcast of February 16, 2023, the CBN has been directed to ONLY reissue and recirculates the old N200 banknotes and this is expected to circulate as legal tender for 60 days up to April 10, 2023.
“Members of the public should therefore disregard any message and/or information not formally released by the Central Bank of Nigeria on this subject”, the statement added.
- Again, Abuja Residents Attack, Loot Truck Carrying Food Items
- Falana Tells Nigerians To Ask Tinubu If FG Still Pays Fuel Subsidy
- Two Suspected Witches Stoned, Burnt
- Inauguration Of $800M Geometric Power Plant: Forum Of South-East Academic Doctors Congratulates Prof Nnaji
- Tinubu Still Pays Massive Amount Monthly As Petrol Subsidy – Pinnacle Oil MD
Entertainment4 days ago
Breaking: Yoruba Nollywood Actor, Sisi Qadri Is Dead
News2 days ago
Ondo 2024: Battle For APC Delegates List Takes Centre Stage
News4 days ago
Osun: LGEA Chairperson, Babaniyi Charges Parents To Take Education Of Their Children Seriously
News3 days ago
Osun: Encomium As Sheri- Care Foundation Distributes Palliatives To Ilesa Residents