News
Two Kidnapped As Gunmen Storm Abuja Community
No fewer than two persons have been kidnapped in the Mpape area of the Federal Capital Territory.
It was learnt that gunmen stormed the area in the early hours of Sunday and whisked away two residents.
A resident of the area, who identified himself as Yakubu to our correspondent said the gunmen were about six.
He said, “At about 1 am today, gunmen numbering six came to our area shot sporadically while the operation lasted, and kidnapped two people. “
The FCT police command spokesperson, SP Josephine Adeh, confirmed the incident.
She added that the victims had been recused by the police and would be reunited with their loved ones.
Adah said efforts are ongoing to arrest the suspects.
She said, “There was a swift response from our men from Mpape and the command tactical team.
“They mounted pressure on the criminals which forced them to leave behind the victims. They would soon be reunited with their family members. We are also on the trail of the suspects.”
Punch
-
News4 days agoBeyond Academic Excellence, Lions Club Charges OAU Students on Character, Integrity
-
News4 days agoBeing Wife of Dancing Governor: ‘What I Discovered About The Adeleke Family’
-
News4 days agoOsun Decides: Gov Adeleke Casts Vote In Ede
-
News3 days agoOsun Decides: INEC Begins Uploading Of Results On Ire V
