The operatives of the State Security Service, SSS, have invaded the headquarters of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, taking over the office of the embattled governor of the apex bank, Godwin Emefiele.
DAILY NIGERIAN reports that there has been a running battle between the SSS and Mr Emefiele over alleged terrorism financing.
The secret service had earlier sought a court order to arrest Mr Emefiele but has been out of the country for his annual leave which is expiring tomorrow, January 17.
But the FCT High Court had in December barred the SSS from arresting, inviting, or detaining Mr Emefiele.
Arriving at the CBN headquarters Monday noon, the SSS operatives came in with about 20 vehicles with armed personnel.
The operatives also barred all staff of the bank from gaining access to Mr Emefiele’s office.
Peter Afunanya, the SSS spokesperson, is yet to respond to the query sent to him by this reporter.
- Osun: Fuel Scarcity: Don’t Impede Free Flow Of Traffic With Double Queues, Petrol Stations/Motorists Warned
- Northern Group Faults Atiku For Backing Naira Redesign, Says Move Not Favour Common People
- Reasons For Recurring Train Attacks — Investigation
- Jealous Brother Shoots Sister’s Lover In Ogun
- People’s Welfare, My Top Priority-Adeleke
Crime4 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
Foreign News4 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News4 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai
News4 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies