Man In Prison For Attempting To Rob Lagos Church
A 35-year-old man, Tope Akinusi, was on Monday remanded at the Kirikiri Correctional Centre by an Ikeja Magistrates’ court sitting at the Ogba area of Lagos State, for allegedly attempting to steal from a church, Gospel Faith Mission International Church, in the Ayobo area of the state.
The Magistrate, Mrs L. A Owolabi, made the remand order after the defendant who is facing two-count bordering on an attempt to commit felony to wit stealing preferred against him by the police was arraigned.
The police prosecutor, Inspector Adeyemo Joseph, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on March 10, 2023.
She alleged that the defendant hid in the church’s toilet with the intention of stealing.
According to the prosecutor, the offence committed is punishable under Sections 406 and 308(2) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The charge read in part, “That you, Tope Akinusi, on March 10, 2023, at about 11.30am at Gospel Faith Mission International Church at No. 9 Useni Christian Street, Ayobo in the Ikeja Magisterial District did attempt to commit felony to wit stealing and thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 406 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State of Nigeria 2015.”
The magistrate did not take the defendant’s plea.
The case was adjourned till April 12 for mention.
- Just In: 10 Political Parties Reject Governorship Election Result In Ogun
- [Update]Osun Guber: Appeal Court Slams Oyetola, APC With N500,000 Cost As Adeleke Wins
- Breaking: Appeal Court Affirms Adeleke Winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Court Orders Service Of Petitions On Tinubu Through APC
- Ekiti ASUSS Begins Operation Of Health Insurance Scheme