BEDC Staff Electrocuted In Edo
A yet-to-be-identified Staff of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) was on Thursday electrocuted within the premises of Ekehuan Campus of the University of Benin (UNIBEN) in Edo State.
In a video that went viral on Thursday morning, the man, who wore electrical safety clothing, with the Inscription BEDC was seen at the top end of an electrical pole close to the institution’s gate, apparently trying to fix power problem in the axis.
Eyewitnesses said the man was held up on the pole and before they could turn off the transformer, he was electrocuted.
As of the time of filing this report, the State of the victim’s health was yet to be ascertained.
When Contacted, the Public Relation Officer of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company, Evelyn Gbiwen said she heard that somebody was electrocuted but has not gotten the report. “I know that something like that happened but,I have not gotten the report,when I get the report I will push it out.” She said
- NLC, TUC Suspends Planned Nationwide Strike
- Pastor To Die By Hanging For Killing Pregnant Choir Mistress
- Governor Adeleke Set To Commission Newly Completed Projects In Uniosun
- Osun: Owoeye-led 7th Assembly Winds Down With 32 Bills, 38 Resolutions
- Presidential Poll : I Signed Result Sheet For Nasarawa Under Duress – PDP Witness Tells Court