Breaking: CSOs Call For Resignation Of INEC Chairman Over Controversial General Election
A coalition of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) under the aegis of Democracy Protection Coalition (DPC), has called on the chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Mahmood Yakubu, to resign from his position with immediate effect.
Speaking at a press conference in Lagos, the convener of the group, Eze Eluchie, said Yakubu must resign over his failure to deliver free, fair and credible election during the presidential and National Assembly elections held on Saturday, February 25.
He said, “Considering that people’s confidence, trust and belief in the electoral system and electoral umpire is an integral component of elections and that such confidence, trust and belief in INEC and it’s current chairman, having been irrevocably eroded, the INEC chairman, Prof Yakubu should immediately resign his position as chairman of INEC.
“To avoid further tainting of the sanctity and integrity of the gubernatorial and House of Assembly elections, Mr Mahmood Yakubu should totally forthwith recuse himself from participating in any manner whatsoever in the process and administration of the forthcoming elections.”
- CBN Instructs Banks To Open Weekends
- Just In: 10 Political Parties Reject Governorship Election Result In Ogun
- [Update]Osun Guber: Appeal Court Slams Oyetola, APC With N500,000 Cost As Adeleke Wins
- Breaking: Appeal Court Affirms Adeleke Winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Court Orders Service Of Petitions On Tinubu Through APC