BREAKING: Court Remands Ex-Imo Deputy Gov In Prison
Former Imo state deputy governor, Gerald Irona, has been remanded in prison by the magistrate court sitting in Owerri on Thursday.
The presiding magistrate, C. N Ezerioha, after hearing the prosecution and defence counsel over alleged violent comment by Irona, ordered that he should be remanded in Owerri correctional centre.
The former deputy governor had been arrested from his Owerri residence on Wednesday by men of the Imo state police command before he was arraigned in court.
According to police, his arrest was due to a statement he made during the Supreme Court battle between governor Hope Uzodimma and former governor Emeka Ihedioha, if the later was removed from office.
- Supporters Trekking To Kano Over My Victory Should Stop – Governor-Elect, Yusuf
- OSHA 2023: Adeleke Decries Political Violence, Says Election Not War, But By Choice
- Naira Scarcity: NLC Begins Nationwide Strike Wednesday
- JUST IN: Tinubu Jets Out To Paris, London, S’Arabia
- BREAKING: Labour Party’s Alex Otti Wins Abia Gov’ship Poll
Politics5 days ago
Lagos PDP, Labour Party form alliance against APC
News5 days ago
SHoA Poll:Amotekun Arrests Man With Gun In Osun Ahead Of Election
News4 days ago
Women Protests As Political Thugs Destroy Ballot Box In Osun
News3 days ago
Official: PDP Wins 25 Of 26 State House Of Assembly Seats In Osun