Police Rescues 7 Kidnap Victims In Edo
The police in Edo State have rescued seven kidnap victims in Ihevbie bush in Owan East local government area of Edo state.
CityMirrorNews learnt that the victims were rescued by the police in collaboration with the local vigilante after four days of bush combing for possible rescue of the victims.
A report on Wednesday has it that two victims were rescued while seven additional victims were rescued on Saturday bringing the total of rescued victims to nine.
Recall that 12 passengers of Toyota Sienna bus were on Tuesday last week allegedly kidnapped by gunmen suspected to be kidnappers at gun point along the Afuze-Iheivbe-Auchi road and whisked into the bush.
The state command spokesperson, Chidi Nwabuzor, who confirmed this, said the victims were rescued on Saturday by a combined security team.
“Seven victims including four male and three female were rescued by the police on Saturday during bush combing by the security team. All the kidnapped victims have been rescued”
He said only nine persons were kidnapped by suspected kidnappers as against the 12 reported in the media.
- Governor Adeleke Set To Commission Newly Completed Projects In Uniosun
- Osun: Owoeye-led 7th Assembly Winds Down With 32 Bills, 38 Resolutions
- Presidential Poll : I Signed Result Sheet For Nasarawa Under Duress – PDP Witness Tells Court
- Drama As Suspect Jumps Through Court Window, Flees After Remand Order
- Subsidy: Judiciary, Health Workers, Others Commence Mobilisation For Strike