What Emefiele Will Experience If Buhari Leaves Office – Shehu Sani
Former lawmaker and social critic, Senator Shehu Sani, has predicted what the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele, might face when the President, Muhammadu Buhari leaves office.
Sani described the CBN boss’ situation as that of a “Zebra in the hands of tigers,” when Buhari leaves office on May 29.
According to Punch report, the President-elect, Bola Tinubu, including some governors in the All Progressives Congress, have not found the naira redesign policy pleasant.
The naira redesign had also subjected many Nigerians to untold hardships following the scarcity of the new naira notes.
However, the Supreme Court last week extended the validity of the old N200, N500, and N1,000 naira notes till December 31, stating that the CBN must continue to receive the notes from Nigerians. The apex court held that the President’s directive on the redesign of the new notes without due consultation was invalid.
Meanwhile, the former senator, Sani, is of the opinion that Emefiele might not be protected against those who tackled the policy when Buhari eventually becomes an ex-President later in the year.
“When Baba (Buhari) is gone, Emefiele will be like Zebra in the hands of Tigers,” Sani said in a post via his verified Twitter handle late Saturday.
- CBN Instructs Banks To Open Weekends
- Just In: 10 Political Parties Reject Governorship Election Result In Ogun
- [Update]Osun Guber: Appeal Court Slams Oyetola, APC With N500,000 Cost As Adeleke Wins
- Breaking: Appeal Court Affirms Adeleke Winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Court Orders Service Of Petitions On Tinubu Through APC