A trailer loaded with stone base heading to Osogbo from Obaagun quarry was said to have lost brake and ran into the shopping complex located in front of Akinrun’s palace Ikirun.
The multiple fatal accident claimed two lives on the spot, leaving others with various degree of injuries.
Men of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Civil Defence and other security agents rose spontaneously to the occasion as the dead bodies were evacuated from the scene of accident.
An account of a eye – witness who refused to be identified said the trailer was moving from the left and right side of the road, it was only the few that sensed danger coming that were able to scamper for their dear lives.
It would be recalled that similar incident happened last year along Emiloju street Ikirun, while that of the Palace area is second.
Sympathisers in their unanimous chorus are of the views that aside checking the recklessness of the truck drivers, alternative routes from Ahoyaya area linking the Inisa-Osogbo express way should be explored for the safety of our people.
- Amotekun Arrest Man For Trafficking 5 Young Boys In Osun
- Muslim Group Berates Malicious Publication On Ex-NAHCON Chief
- 3 Host Communities: Protest Against Segilola Mining Company Baseless, Uncalled For
- CAGraM Sacks General Secretary Over Gross Misconduct, Insubordination
- National Islamic Centre Reiterates Commitment To Propagation Of Islam
Entertainment1 day ago
Breaking: Yoruba Nollywood Actor, Sisi Qadri Is Dead
Entertainment4 days ago
Osun Based Islamic Singer, Mufuliat Abiyamo Condoles With Yeye Dupe, Family Over Husband’s Death
News5 days ago
Photos: Ongoing Hunger Protest In Osogbo
News5 days ago
NLC Protesters Storm National Assembly